[MOBY-dev] Reserved word... perhaps unnecessary...

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Nov 3 01:51:11 UTC 2005

Hi Martin,

I love using you as the bellweather for my own thoughts :-)  You are
seldom wrong, and delight in telling me when I am! ;-)

I think I am starting to see your point - I had not been thinking of the
object ontology in quite that way, but you've got me reconsidering now.
I'm going to bring it up for discussion at my lab meeting tomorrow and
try to hash-out with the local guys exactly why I feel the way I do, and
whether or not there are any serious adverse effects to thinking about
it your way.  It certainly makes things easier to do it your way, though
I wish now that we had had this discussion while Eddie was writing the
database update script because I would have changed the way we
approached it...

Oh well...  I guess that's why MOBY is still considered a research
project ;-)

Thanks for being so forthright in your opinons - you are an extremely
valuable asset to the project!