[MOBY-dev] RFC Voting - message to all core developers

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 00:08:49 UTC 2005

You are right that the voting process was not so smooth as it could have
been - but do not be too desperate - it was not that bad. I think it is
still better than it was before.

I agree with you that the main problems were:

* Not always clear where the latest document can be found (that's, for
example, why I could not vote the last time).
* Not sure where to vote (email or bugzilla).
* Not fast enough replies from the voters about suggested changes.

I still think that we should conclude this error handling voting now, and
try again for other issues:
   - not in bugzilla,
   - discussion and document udates driven by the proponents,
   - keeping deadlines of voting

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)