[MOBY-dev] Moby Collections (was: Problems with Biomoby servicesin Taverna 1.2)

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jul 20 14:22:15 UTC 2005

I think Martin has hit the nail on the head here.  One of the primary
advantages of MOBY is that you can't (easily) build arbitrarily
syntactically complex output.  This ensures that you can chain together
services more easily.  You should be building new objects in the
ontology to represent the cluster concept, not squeezing that cluster
logic into the syntax of the collection.  Otherwise clients will do very
wierd things with your implicitly encoded concepts.  You always have to
look at how your data could be used by someone else who wasn't expecting
it...