[MOBY-dev] rfcf 11. RDF Agent

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 20:28:50 UTC 2005

> a. do you think that there should be an api call, getUpdate
> that tells the agent to check for modifications to the
> service instance described by the metadata in the RDF
> document at the signatureURL?

   Well, it depends how LSID metadata are collected and used, and where
they are stored. The bottom line what I wish is this:
   When a service provider updates her/his metadata about his/her
services, I wish that this update is visible asap to the others.
   Therefore, if it is the RDF agent you collect metadata and stores in a
registry, then I wish to have an option to tell him "come and get it now".
If, however, this is not the task of the RDF agent, but if there is yet
another way how to collect data from my site (presumably done by the LSID
resolution service) then I do not need such method in the API (because the
LSID resolver will come to me when somebody asks for my metadata).

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger