[MOBY-dev] [jMoby] few recent changes in jMoby

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 14:00:20 UTC 2005

Hi,
   Several small changes have been done to jMoby (all of them should be
backward compatible):

   * The default location and default namespace (URI) of Moby Central was
updated (to ...icapture...). Actually, this change has been around already
for some time but Eddie never announced it nor logged it in ChangeLog :-)

   * Roman found a design flaw in the getServiceNames() method returning
Map where the keys are service names. This was wrong because there may be
(and actually are, e.g. service genbankToGene) more services with the same
name but served by different authorities. So I added a new method
getServiceNamesByAuthorities() to the interface Central.java (and to its
implementation CentralImpl.java), and I deprecated the old method (but it
is still there so your code does not break). In future, you should use the
new method.
   This also allowed to add a new command-line option '-la' to the
MobyCmdLineClient. Try:
   build/run/run-cmdline-client -la
and you get a list of all services grouped by authorities now.

   * The location and maintainance of the repository with the third-party
libraries for jMoby is now fully "de-sengerized" (as requested in
Vancouver). It is described in
http://www.biomoby.org/moby-live/Java/docs/3rdPartyLibraries.html. What
you should do is the following:
   cd moby-live/Java
   ./build-dev.sh cleanall
   ./build.sh

This will populate your 'lib' directory with the same libraries as you
have now, but from a different repository (it's just one time job).

   With regards,
   Martin

PS. In the hopefully near future I plan to make additional changes/fixes:
  * fix bug (my misunderstanding) with the tag expandobject
  * added ways how to get RDF resources (Mark, I am desperately waiting
for this one - in Malaga last week we created with Eddie a suggestion how
to get URLs from the Central API...)
  * fix bug in the MobyGraphs (Ben, as you see, I am getting close to
it...)
   M.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger