[MOBY-dev] Re: [moby] buggy new biomoby release

Rebecca Ernst rebecca.ernst at gsf.de
Tue Jul 19 11:22:15 UTC 2005

Hi Mark!

We tried once more and installed the new release (0.8.2).

The problems we can see are that our perl services are not working
anymore ("service returned no response") the bad thing is that it
doesn't give any error so we have no clue where the problem is.
Gbrowse works - the services can be listed and non-MIPS services and
MIPS Java services can be executed. So Moby Central obviously works okay
since (since we added the column lsid to the db)

We then tried to remove the method "_getServiceInstanceRDF" in the
MOBY/Central.pm because in there it uses lsid but this didn't solve
anything.

Just in case we find the problem and you build a new release I have some
more suggestions leading to even more user-friendlyness ;-) :

- include all libraries not only the perl libraries because all former
releases contained everything and now we have to get the other libs from
older releases and that means copying it. I guess that most people would
expect that they get a full release otherwise consider renaming it (not
biomoby release but perl_lib_release)

- don't rename the moby-live path to moby-live_API_releasewhatever it
now requires that people move it (or adjust their pathes)

- next to the link (for downloading the release) add the information
that for database provider they will have to change their database
("alter table service_instance add lsid VARCHAR (255) NOT NULL default
''; ")

Cheers!
Rebecca

--