[moby] [MOBY-dev] Re: Problems with Biomoby servicesin Taverna 1.2

Haase, Dirk d.haase at gsf.de
Fri Jul 8 19:43:41 UTC 2005

OK, things become clearer I think. You didn't really get what Heiko was suggesting about the usage of collections...

Heiko, Rebecca and me think that a collection is ueseful _only_ if the collection itself is a meaningful entity (example: several sequences make up a cluster). In our view it does not make sense to pack otherwise unrelated things into a collection just because they are all results for a certain query.

I admit that our understanding is not compatible with the current way for registering services. The easy(?) solution would be to abandon any cardinality confirmations from the registry. That is if a service is registered with an output A it may output any number of A-objects.

Another way to tackle this would be to introduce a sort of 'has/has-a' for service outputs, analogous to the object definitions.

dirk