[MOBY-dev] moby grapgs updated

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 15:53:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,
   I have updated moby graphs (and also few other things in jMoby - see
docs/ChangeLog if you wish).
   The main change is that now there is a possibility to draw a path
between two selected data types, and that the result can be expressed as a
workflow definition that can be consequently loaded to Taverna and
hopefully run.
   I expect (at least) two things to happen soon:

   * You will/may find that the caching in graph servlet is not yet
perfect. I need some time to make it more robust, but I will be travelling
now - so if you find problems, just try the same again, and blame me...

   * Having now generated workflow definitions, more people will try it in
Taverna. This is perfect, it's an ultimate goal. But I again need more
time to improve moby stuf in Taverna, again make it more robust. And I
will - so again try to send your comments, suggestion and bug reports, and
blame me...

   Also I hope that I fixed few things that Frank was reporting:
> 1. MOBY allows multiple whitespace-separated words in the object
> ontology, but when they are graphed, they show up as separate nodes.
> This is probably just a matter of enclosing the node names in double
> quotes for GraphViz.

> 2. The first time I try to draw the object ontology, after reloading the
> registry, I get an error from Tomcat like this:

   Finally, here is the URL of the new moby graphs (actually it is the
same as before, you can still get there from the main BioMoby page):

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/collab/mygrid/service2/jmoby/graphs

   With regards,

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger