[MOBY] [MOBY-dev] inquiry/ontology

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Mar 24 16:34:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 04:43, a.garcia at imb.uq.edu.au wrote:

> Who is  working on that ontology? Cheers.

Apparently, you are ;-)

We currently have a *horrible* ontology for MOBY Services, and in fact
this is quite a timely message as there is a conversation going on
another list (the OBO list) about exactly this topic.  Our ontology
should soon get a lot better...

I still haven't had time to find the original proposal for the MOBY
Service ontology, but I know that we have not yet built it.  If I find
it, I will post it to the list and we can re-evaluate it as a group.

the myGrid project also has a (much richer) ontology for bioinformatics
services.  You might want to talk to them.

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre