[MOBY-dev] The beginnings of a transition to RDF

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sun Jan 11 06:05:43 UTC 2004

Hi all,

For those of you who crave RDF and just can't get enough of it, I'd love
to get feedback on this new "OntologyServer" type thing that I've just
put up on MOBY Central.  It will serve-up RDF of all three ontologies,
as well as the service instances.  The RDF is full of LSID's - the
biomoby ones are resolvable through the LSID resolver system to get even
MORE RDF!!  YUMMY!!  This is the beginning of a larger transition to (1)
getting the ontologies independent of MOBY Central, and (2) exploring
the possibility of freeing MOBY Central from SQL.  More importantly, it
will hopefully allow people to use more semantic webby technologies to
query MOBY stuff (if you do this successfully please let me know - I'd
be very interested!)

I'm still unsure of my competence with generating RDF, so feedback from
someone with more savvy in this area would be welcome!  Please tell me
where I am going wrong :-)

The resources are:

http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/OntologyServer/Object
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/OntologyServer/Service