[MOBY-dev] Uruguay hits the webstats :-)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Feb 19 06:20:50 UTC 2004

Hey Ken et al.

Uruguay is now a peculiar blip in the web stats for MOBY Central :-)

http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/AccessLog.html#dom

the Canadian accesses are primarily the moby client talking to moby
central.  The German/Spanish/UK accesses are probably (??) mostly the
PlaNet consortium, with the notable exception of Martin's accesses from
ebi.  Then there is Uruguay - a funny little blip on the map!

It made me chuckle :-)

Interesting stats, though... e.g. >10,000 requests from PlaNet(?) in
just 49 days... and that is an underestimate since they have their own
MOBY Central installed at MIPS.  Heiko/Rebecca - does your embedded
client make *any* of its calls to the public registry, or are they all
to your own?  Do you have any embedded calls to any of my services
running from MOBY Central?  I'm just trying to understand whether the
European calls are coming primarily from you, or if there is another
group(s) using MOBY heavily over there that I am not aware of...??

Another interesting bit of information in there is farther down the page
http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/AccessLog.html#req
We will be able to track which objects are most often used, since the
ontology server makes calls to retrieve the LSID for the various object
types, and this shows up in the GET string :-)

Mark
--
Mark Wilkinson,
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)

tel: (604) 806 2129
fax: (604) 806 9274

It just goes to show you that SOAP::Lite is more intuitive than you
might
think, if you know enough Perl and have the patience to dive into the
source code.
                -Byrne Reese
                -http://builder.com.com/5100-6389_14-1045078-2.html