[MOBY-dev] attn Ken - "new" method added to MOBY::Central

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Wed Oct 22 11:20:05 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> As per request, the method "retrieveObjectDefinition" is now functional
> in MOBY Central and MOBY Client Central.  It actually existed already,
> but was not documented in the API, and didn't quite work properly
> anyway.  Now it does.

That's great! I'm going to write a CGI that takes the name of a data
object and spits out the proper XML to represent that object. This could
be used in links from other documents that talk about data objects.

BTW I'm game for doing some coding of MOBY upgrades, especially error
handling, security and service quality info. I have to finish studying how
to deal with a few things related to writing good services and then do
some serious study to figure out how all this code works.

Ken