[MOBY-dev] New services

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:38:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 09:36, Ken Steube wrote:
> > A service producing AGI_LocusCode/DNASequence can feed a service
> > consuming NCBI_gi/DNASequence or even NCBI_gi/GenericSequence.
> > That won't show up in your graph I don't believe.
>
> Well... that isn't really true.  If the service provider has specified a
> namespace, then we must assume that they mean it.  Therefore the service
> you specify above would not feed into those services.

But in the case of a DNA sequence it doesn't really matter what
namespace it is, you still want to BLAST it the same as a DNA
from any other namespace.

I think this is an exception to an otherwise good rule which you guys
have talked about.

> Is there a database of Arabidopsis mutant images that we could link to?

We have a collection of knockouts we've taken from a variety of
sources.  I need you biologists to tell me what would be a desirable
service signature for this data?  AGI to ???

Lincoln is involved with atidb.org. We should work with them since
they are striving to be the ultimate source for Ath mutants.

Ken