[MOBY-dev] graphs

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 17 15:39:21 EDT 2003

> In your graphs two services are usually connected with a
> namespace/objecttype. There are some connections that only have the
> objecttype connecting them (e.g.  genericsequence).

   The rules (as I understand them) are:
   * a service that registers its input with a namespace gets connected
only with services producing objects in the same namespace
   * otherwise the namespaces do not matter, which includes these cases:
     - both input and output services do not register any namespace,
     - a service do not register any namespace for its input (but the
output of other services do for their outputs)

   I hope that the graphs now follow these rules :-)

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger