[MOBY-dev] Re: [MOBY-l] MOBY swims back out to sea!

Phillip Lord p.lord at russet.org.uk
Fri Oct 10 16:19:43 EDT 2003

  Lincoln> Don't you think it significant that both the Rosetta Stone
  Lincoln> and the Gene Ontology have three separate vocabularies?

If you throw into this the fact that there are three bases in the
codon, I think its clear that we are onto something of deep
philosophical importance.

The really interesting thing about the Rosetta stone though is that
the links between the three vocabularies were clearly defined
(i.e. all three said exactly the same), while in the Gene Ontology it
is clearly defined that there are no links between the different
vocabularies (i.e. the three aspects are disconnected subgraphs).

Hmmmm....

Phil