[MOBY-dev] few small comments

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 12:11:36 UTC 2003

Mark,
   here is a short list of several small issues I have found during the
re-factoring my BioMoby Java clients:

   * some methods still return tag 'Catagory' instead of 'Category' (I
have already commited this change in Central.pm, but you must probably do
something to propagate it into the running copy)

   * Should be tag Clobber used more consistently in all registering
methods?

   * I am getting back valid services (after calling various 'locate...'
methods without tag inputObject; there is only tag outputObject. Is this
intentional or can be fixed?

   * Question for discussion: you do not allow to have a service without
an input - the registration of such service complains. Is it always true
that all (MOBY) services will have some input? Even some methods of MOBY
central itself (such those retrieving lists of various registered
entities) may be sometimes valuable as separate services - but they cannot
be registered now.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger