[MOBY-dev] Heh heh heh... speedy!

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 30 22:58:56 UTC 2003

Speed test of MOBY Central again, with much more positive results!
The time without mod_perl:
real	0m13.689s
user	0m0.740s
sys	0m0.040s

The time for the same test suite with mod-perl:
real	0m1.610s
user	0m0.780s
sys	0m0.050s

heh heh heh... I think we have found the culprit!  :-)

I'll move the public MOBY Central into a mod-perl enabled folder in a
few minutes and we'll see if that makes it a bit snappier.  It wont be
as fast as it could be because it also needs to talk to the Ontology
server, which isn't yet running on mod-perl either.

I'll also include a section in the "Setting up Services" document to
describe how to mod-perl enable your services, though it is really quite
simple...

Sorry for missing the conference call today!  I got trapped in a seminar
and since it was my potential new boss I didn't want to get up and walk
out ;-)

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae