[MOBY-dev] teleconference

Carole Goble carole at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Jan 25 10:08:08 UTC 2003

Andrew

This is a nice list of stuff, and thanks for some pointers to papers I
hadn't seen.

There is a special on web services in the next edition of IEEE Intelligent
Systems (http://www.computer.org/intelligent (not online yet)) which covers
some of the challenges ahead.

It consists of
* a comparison of web services choreography languages and workflow systems
* a 2 page article on the similarities between PSMs and web services (by
Richard Benjamins)
* a discussion of business applications and the need for process support,
QoS and security
* a motivation for the SWWS framework (Semantic Web Web Services)
* a first look at Grid services

much of this is about describing services and then using those descriptions.

http://mygrid.man.ac.uk/rpapers.shtml

is a paper discussing service discovery.

Carole