[GSoC] Google summer of code

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Wed Nov 9 16:01:40 UTC 2016

Hi Timo,

Just wanted to echo Eric’s welcome. We don’t have a full wrap-up blog post up yet for our 2016 participation, but I think you can see from the projects we had this year and in 2014 that we’ve taken on an expressly inclusive understanding of our umbrella. OpenMS sounds like a great community!

  -hilmar

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 3:52 PM, Eric Talevich <eric.talevich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Timo,
>
> That sounds great to me. I'm passing your e-mail along to the main OBF GSoC mailing list so the group can discuss.
>
> Best,
> Eric
>

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Timo Sachsenberg <sachsenberg at gmail.com <mailto:sachsenberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Timo Sachsenberg and I am writing on behalf of the OpenMS team. OpenMS (www.openms.de <http://www.openms.de/>) is an open-source software C++ library for LC/MS data processing and analyses. It offers an infrastructure for the rapid development of mass spectrometry related software. OpenMS is free software available under the three clause BSD license and runs on Windows, MacOSX, and Linux. It has been developed for more than 10 years by an active community (https://github.com/OpenMS/ <https://github.com/OpenMS/>). This year, we would love to participate in the google summer of code. A colleague of mine (he successfully participated with other projects) pointed me to the OBF as a potential umbrella mentoring organization that might help to maximize our chances to attract participants. As it turns out, our open source philosophies align very nicely and I would like to ask if there is interest from your side to allow OpenMS to join the mentoring team. We will, of course, help out to select and grade applicants as well as other tasks that might arise.
> Cheers,
> Timo

Hilmar Lapp -:- lappland.io