[GSoC] project ideas

Kai Blin kblin at biosustain.dtu.dk
Mon Feb 15 08:24:35 UTC 2016

Dear Jaime,

sorry for the late reply, but I was traveling on Friday and had a really busy weekend. Yes, the ETE toolkit looks like something we would be happy to support under the OBF umbrella for GSoC this year.
We'll figure out what the exact process for our proposals list will be in the next two days, we're currently experiencing some technical issues with the OBF wiki, unfortunately.

What you will need to provide in any case is the following:
A short description of your project ideas. Each needs a short text explaining what the idea is about, a list of skills required and any other prerequisites to work on the idea, an estimate of the difficulty on the scale of (very easy - easy - medium - hard - very hard) and two mentors who can mentor the student working on the idea together.

Our ideas list from last year (http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015_Ideas) might give you an idea what we're looking for. However, note that this year we will only accept ideas that have at least two available mentors, and we also would like the difficulty-estimate.

Cheers,
Kai

Kai Blin                                           kblin at biosustain.dtu.dk
PostDoc / Scientific Software Engineer