[GSoC] Proposal: rewrite the BioRuby web console and propose a flexible web hosting for online demo

Anna Chapčáková anna.chapcakova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:53:25 UTC 2014

Dear all,

my name is Anna Chapčáková and I'm a student of Molecular biology and
genetics at Masaryk University, in Brno, Czech republic. I love Open Source
and biology and recently became very interested in ruby language. I would
like to take part in the Google Summer of Code project which I would like
to propose and I'm looking for a possible mentor on this mailing list.

My project would consist of rewriting the ruby on rails console for BioRuby
to latest rails framework and investigate possible solutions for web
hosting the console in a secure and easy manner so we can link it off the
main project web page, for people wanting to try BioRuby quickly and
without need of installation.

I do not have a lot of experience with ruby programming but I'm very
interesting in learning more and I think this is a great opportunity for
me. And very useful for the project as well, I think.

I hope you will find my proposal interesting and hopefully volunteer as my
mentors :)

Anna