[GSoC] Bio JavaScript/Node.js idea (bionode)

Pjotr Prins pjotr2014 at thebird.nl
Mon Mar 3 11:56:06 UTC 2014

BioJS is browser oriented. It may or may not fit there. See also
earlier E-mails on this ML by Chris and myself (Feb 27th).

Even so, can we please be open to new project ideas and get rid of the
discriminatory programming language notion?  The bioinformatics
community is growing rapidly. Way faster than before. We should cater
for community needs as is represented by project ideas coming out of
the community.

I think, as long as the project is about bioinformatics and FOSS, it
will fit GSoC/OBF.  We should only filter on the quality of students
and mentors.

Note also that Yannick is a respected member of BioRuby.

Pj.