[GSoC] Possible project

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Wed Feb 26 18:33:24 UTC 2014

Peter and all;
Seconding Pjotr's comments, I think it would be a good challenge to try
and be more inclusive in projects we can work with. This is a good
chance to have OpenBio get more mentors and contributors. Conversely, this
is an opportunity for projects like Rob's to try and integrate better
with the OpenBio community and code. As a practical example, from quickly
scanning the source it looks like PartitionFinder has PhyML and RaXML
integration code that could benefit from using Biopython's support for
these tools, contributing back things that Biopython is missing.

Peter, would adding contributions and Biopython integration along these
lines satisfy your concerns? Rob, would Biopython integration be
something you have interest in tackling along with your other goals for
the summer?

Brad