[GSoC] OBF accepted as a mentoring organization for GSoC 2014

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 08:05:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Good news: Google has accepted OBF as a mentoring organization for Google
Summer of Code 2014! See Google's announcement of the accepted orgs, and
what this means:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2014/02/mentoring-organizations-for-google.html

Our page on the official GSoC site:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/obf

What's next? Between March 10 and 21, students can apply to work with OBF
for the summer. Until then, let's keep spreading the word about our GSoC
participation this year and encourage promising students to get involved.

We can also continue to add project ideas and refine the existing ones on
the OBF wiki:
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas

Cheers,
Eric & Raoul