[GSoC] GSoC 2013 is ON

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 11 09:11:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Pjotr Prins <pjotr2010 at thebird.nl> wrote:
> SciRuby has been so kind to allow us to merge some BioRuby project
> ideas into their GSoC organisation. I suggest every project could try
> that. Having experienced mentors is an asset to any organisation.
>
> Pj.

That's good news.

Similarly Eric has been in touch with NESCent about some of the
phylogenetic project ideas we'd come up with for Biopython (we'd
partnered with them for GSoC before the OBF started applying).

I have tried emailing the Python Software Foundation (PSF)
contact - they are also acting as a GSoC umbrella organisation,
but have not had a reply yet.

Peter

(The CC list is quite long - are some of these potential
mentors not on the OBF's gsoc at lists.open-bio.org list?)