[GSoC] [BioRuby] GSoC final report

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:30:23 UTC 2012

Peter;
Thanks for doing this. Happy to help from my end. For Lenna's project
here is some text to use:

Lenna Peterson worked on improving support for variation analysis in
Biopython. Her summer work produced tools for manipulating
[VCF (variant call format)][0] in Python, a thorough investigation of incorporating
[PyVCF][1] into Biopython, and tools to handle clean coordinate mapping
between transcripts and genomic coordinates. [Her blog][2] has detailed
discussions of progress during the summer and the code is in a
[branch on GitHub][3] awaiting inclusion into Biopython.

[0]: http://www.1000genomes.org/wiki/Analysis/Variant%20Call%20Format/vcf-variant-call-format-version-41
[1]: https://github.com/jamescasbon/PyVCF
[2]: http://arklenna.tumblr.com/
[3]: https://github.com/lennax

Let me know if anything else would be useful,
Brad