[GSoC] weekly report #2

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 09:29:24 UTC 2012

> The blog mentions you think you found some issues with tags.bam
> file - could you elaborate (directl email is fine), and tell me about any
> future issues please?

They are very minor. Specification says (1.4) that 'QNAME' should be
[!-?A-~], that doesn't include space and '@' sign, and that (1.5) printable
characters in tags with 'A' type are [!-~], i.e. only space is not allowed.

BTW, I looked at your code which generated the file, it uses range(32, 127)
both for 'Z' and 'A' types of tags, even though it's explicitly written in
comments right above these lines where space should be included, and where
it shouldn't :)