[GSoC] BioJava- Porting the BLAST,HMMER algorithms

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sun Apr 1 18:02:16 UTC 2012

Hi Ruchin,

Are you also on the biojava-l mailing list? We had quite a number of
discussions about this project already there and if you are not on the
list it might be a good start to catch up with what was already
discussed there.

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biojava-l/

The idea in short is to come up with an all-Java version of some of
the frequently used algorithms. We are quite flexible regarding the
projects and what we are really
looking for are sound projects  and motivated students. What is
expected is a realistic project proposal, which in turn depends on
your background and how you propose to conduct the project.

Andreas