[GSoC] GSoC coding period starts next Monday

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Tue May 17 18:02:35 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The coding period for Google Summer of Code starts this coming Monday.
Each mentor-student group should be pretty well organized by now, and
know exactly what they're going to be doing next week.

Each group needs to make sure they have the following in place:

1. Good lines of communication between students and mentors, including
plans for regular chat or phone meetings.

2. The student needs to have their development environment set up and
ready to go, so that they'll be ready to be productive from day 1.  Get
the necessary software, version control checkouts, data sets, and so
forth.  Don't leave this until the last minute, setting up a development
environment can be tricky!

3. The student needs to have their blog/wiki/other set up for public
reports of the project's progress.  Please send the URLs for these to
me, and I'll construct a page on the OBF GSoC wiki with links to them.

Here's to a fun and productive summer of code!

Best wishes,

Rob

----
Robert Buels