[EMBOSS] How to feed the CMA KFERQ motif into fuzzpro

Aengus Stewart aengus.stewart at cancer.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 17:01:27 UTC 2014

I have the 1990 FJ Dice paper that outlines a pentapeptide that targets cytosolic proteins for lysosomal proteolysis

The motif is either

[KR][FIVL][ED][RK]Q or Q[RK][ED][FIVL][KR]

However it gets more complicated.  It doesnt matter the order of the 4 resides before/after the Q.

I have no idea how to write this in a way that will make sense to feed into fuzzpro.  I am happy to do multiple runs of fuzzpro and merge results but even then.....

I could write a script to feed all possible options to fuzzpro but as I am also screening against the whole mouse proteome its going to be messy.

Anyone got suggestions?

Cheers
Aengus

Aengus Stewart                                 Tel: +44 (0)20 7269 3679
Head of Bioinformatics and BioStatistics
CRUK London Research Institute
Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3LY, UK

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and
confidential.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. Be aware that any third party
disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication, without
prior permission, is strictly prohibited.
cytosolic

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.
Cancer Research UK
Registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)
A company limited by guarantee.  Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F).
Registered Office Address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.