[EMBOSS] png support problem

Moretti Sébastien sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Fri Mar 15 15:13:51 UTC 2013

> Hi Sebastien,
>

>> From: Mahmut Uludag <uludag at ebi.ac.uk>
>> I remember that recent EMBOSS versions doesn't need any configure options or environment settings for using the gd library. I have the same version (2.0.35) on my fedora desktop and doesn't get any errors at configure/compile time or when running the emboss programs that generates graphical output.
>>
>> If you were using the --with-pngdrive configure option, please retry without using that option.
>

> The test in ./configure tries to compile a test program using gd to find the png library functions.
>
> You may have libgd installed but not the matching gd-devel header files and libraries.

I use this to "force" searches there
CXXFLAGS='-I/software/include' CFLAGS='-I/software/include'
LDFLAGS='-L/software/lib64' ./configure

I have libgd.so in one of these paths.

I've just noticed that libgd.a is missing.
Is this particular one used for static builds ?

--
Sébastien Moretti
SIB Vital-IT EMBnet, Quartier Sorge - Genopode