[EMBOSS] Cannot Connect to EMBOSS's FTP Server

Georgios Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Mon Jul 8 06:06:41 UTC 2013

On 05/07/13 12:59, Linlin Yan (颜林林) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just can not connect to EMBOSS's FTP server
> (ftp://emboss.open-bio.org/) to download EMBOSS software. Is the
> server still alive now? Or do I have other alternative way to get the
> latest package? Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Linlin

Hi,

The server is on-line now, you should not have a problem to connect (I
am not sure it went down, I could connect on 05/07. so you could have
faced a routing/other connection issue). You are also a week away from
the next EMBOSS release which is traditionally made every 15th of July.

GM

Best regards,

George Magklaras PhD
RHCE no: 805008309135525

Head of IT/Senior Systems Engineer
Biotechnology Center of Oslo and
the Norwegian Center for Molecular Medicine/
Vitenskapelig Databehandling (VD) -
Research Computing Services - USIT

EMBnet TMPC Chair

http://folk.uio.no/georgios