[EMBOSS] ./configure blaims about missing package although xorg-x11-proto-devel is installed

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Jan 16 13:00:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

i'm new to EMBOSS and trying to install it for one of our developers. We downloaded the current version, unpacked it and started ./configure. It blaims about missing xorg-x11-proto-devel, although it is installed:

pc56846:~/EMBOSS-6.2.0 # rpm -q xorg-x11-proto-devel
xorg-x11-proto-devel-7.4-1.24.25.42

The exact error is:
X11 graphics have been selected but no X11 header files
have been found.

This error usually happens on Linux/MacOSX distributions
where the optional X11 development files have not been installed.
On Linux RPM systems this package is usually called something
like xorg-x11-proto-devel whereas on Debian/Ubuntu it may
be called x-dev. On MacOSX installation DVDs the X11 files
can usually be found as an explicitly named optional
installation.

I tried version 6.2.0 and 6.5.7. Host is a SLES 11 SP1, 64bit.
I also tried "./configure --x-includes=/usr/include/X11/", but it didn't suceed.

Any ideas ?

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
Institut für Entwicklungsgenetik
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum münchen
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
fax:   +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

Wenn ich eine Idee habe, sorge ich als Erstes dafür, daß die Buchhalter nichts erfahren.
Sie sind der Totengräber jedes Traumes.
Sir Richard Branson

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671