[EMBOSS] Problem with restrict -solofragment option

Stefanie Lager stefanielager at inbox.com
Mon Aug 12 11:19:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running the program restrict (in EMBOSS 6.6.0.0) to list which enzymes cleaves a bacterial genome in a certain number of fragments, but the size of the fragments is not correct with the option -solofragment.

If I e.g. run:

restrict -plasmid -min 3 -max 4 -fragments -solofragment  U00096

It's only the enzyme FseI that fulfill the criteria, and the option -fragments give me the correct size of the fragments, but the option -solofragment does not give me the correct size of the fragments. I don't have to use the option -solofragment for a single enzyme, but when there are several enzymes that cleaves I need the -solofragment option.

It seems as if the -solofragment option doesn't see the -plasmid option, this worked nice in previous versions of EMBOSS!

Regards,

Stefanie