[EMBOSS] featreport / featcopy outputting to genbank

Geib, Scott Scott.Geib at ARS.USDA.GOV
Thu Apr 4 02:40:37 UTC 2013

I am trying to output a gff3 file to genbank format using featreprot or featcopy.
I have many molecules in my gff3 file (contigs from assembly), I was wondering how to designate them as different locus so that the flat file generates a new locus for each and then displays features associated with that locus.  Right now it is all written to a single  locus in the outputted genbank file.

Just as example, I am wrtting my gff files as follows:

Contig1       .       databank_entry  1       1000     .       .       .       organism="X";strain="Y"
Contig1   .       gene    171     497     .       +       .       gene="sod"
Contig1   .       mRNA    171     497     .       +       .       .
Contig1   .       exon    171     497     .       +       .       .
Contig1   .       CDS     171     497     .       +       .       gene="sod"

Contig2       .       databank_entry  1       1000   .       .       .       organism="X";strain="Y"
Contig2      .       gene    3       323     .       +       .       gene="ba"
Contig2      .       mRNA    3       323     .       +       .      .
Contig2      .       exon    3       323     .       +       .       .
Contig2      .       CDS     3       323     .       +       .       gene="ba"

And this is getting returned to me as a single locus

Scott