[EMBOSS] Jemboss refusing to work with files containing character ^L (form feed, 0x0c)

Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration Inc) daniel.rozenbaum at USPTO.GOV
Sat Sep 22 02:26:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

It appears that Jemboss objects to working with files containing the form feed character (ASCII code 0x0c, displayed in some text editors as "^L"). Jemboss refuses to open such files when I double-click on them in File Manager, and it also refuses to, for example, copy from Remote to Local in File Manager.

I'm attaching an example of a file that reproduces this problem in my environment.

Many thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Rozenbaum