[EMBOSS] Support for multi-line annotation in ig format

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:25:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Rozenbaum, Daniel (Biocceleration
Inc) <daniel.rozenbaum at uspto.gov> wrote:
> Hello Peter and everyone,
>
> I was wondering if I could  revive the discussion about the support of IG
> format if possible. I'm helping deploy EMBOSS at the US Patent and
> Trademark Office, where this format, in its multi-line sequence annotation
> form, is used extensively.

Hi Daniel,

That is interesting to know - I work on Biopython, which has support for
reading and indexing the Intelligenetics "ig" format. I'd been under the
impression that this was a defunct/unused file format (and therefore
never bothered to implement support for writing it in Biopython).

Does the US Patent and Trademark Office provide datasets to the
public in this format?

Thanks,

Peter C.