[EMBOSS] jaspscan from the commandline

Hermann Norpois hnorpois at googlemail.com
Tue May 15 20:23:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

I tried to execute jaspscan from the command line and got the menu again.
This is my syntax:
(1) ~/embl/jtest$ jaspscan -sequence sequence.fasta -matrices @matrix_mouse
-threshold 89.0

matrix_mouse is a file and looks like this:
ma0042.1, ma0090.1

I tried it with upper case as well (MA..., MA...).

matrix_mouse is in the same directory like sequence.fasta. It is the
directory in which I start jaspscan.

If I execute (1) I have to read:

Scans DNA sequences for transcription factors
Jaspar matrix set
         C : Core
         F : Fam
         P : Phylofacts
         N : CNE
         O : POLII
         S : SPLICE
         B : PBM
         L : PBM_HLH
         H : PBM_HOMEO

So jaspscan did not recognise my file matrix_mouse. I tried it with
"@matrix_mouse",  '@matrix_mouse' etc .. Always the same. Could you please
give me a hint concerning the correct syntax?

In addition: I would prefer an outputfile with the transcription factors in
a list, e.g. like this
accessionnumber of input sequence: TFa, TFb etc

Thank you very much. Sincerel
Hermann