[EMBOSS] Documentation suggestion for preg/dreg

Peter Rice ricepeterm at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 14 18:54:33 UTC 2012

On 05/14/12 17:51, Peter Cock wrote:
> Dear EMBOSS,
>
> I would find it helpful if the "see also" documentation for preg and
> dreg referenced each other (since they are both regex based sequence
> searching tools).
>
> http://emboss.open-bio.org/wiki/Appdoc:Dreg#See_also
> http://emboss.open-bio.org/wiki/Appdoc:Preg#See_also

An interesting challenge.

The "See also" documentation is generated by finding all programs in the
same group (the "groups:" application attribute in the ACD file).

These are classified as Nucleic:Motifs and Protein:Motifs so they are
currently kept apart. We'll have a look and see if a general "regular
expression search" (or similar) group would be useful ... and similar
general groups for other applications.

EMBOSS Team