[EMBOSS] Databases, additional info

David Bauer david.bauer at bayer.com
Mon Jul 16 09:28:40 UTC 2012

Hi Ahmed,

If you do not want to install databases locally, you can get them from some servers, which are preconfigured in EMBOSS 6.4
You can see the lists of configured servers with "showserver".
If you need a sequence from embl, then then you can use the SRS server from the EBI.
In your case it would be:
"plotorf srs:embl:x13776"

If you are behind a http proxy you can add the proxy server in .embossrc in your home directory.
SET emboss_proxy  "your_proxy_server:port"
And if it needs authentication (only BASIC is usable)
SET emboss_proxy  "your_proxy_server:port Basic username:password"

David.