[EMBOSS] eprimer32 question

Ivaylo Stoimenov ivaylo.stoimenov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:16:41 UTC 2012

Hi Peter and Peter,
Many thanks to both of you for the valuable help. It is very important for
me to have as less file-related operations as possible, and passing a
string helps to reduce the input from files.
I wondered if it is possible to hijack the output of Primer3 to some sort
of object directly to eprimer32 without writing to a file and thus making
Primer3 sort of a function to an external program. I am aiming of running a
validation cycle for the primers suggested by Primer3 and if necessary to
change the input to Primer3 until certain criteria are fulfilled. Therefore
I would like to skip a file-write-read operation until everything is
optimal. Do you know if that is still possible, or I always need to read
from Primer3 output files.

Kind regards,
Ivaylo