[EMBOSS] Algorithms for pI and molecular weight in pepstats

Jake Rothenbuhler rothenbuhler at xoma.com
Mon Jul 25 23:42:28 UTC 2011

Hello,

What are the algorithms used to compute the molecular weight and
isoelectric point in pepstats? We are currently using pepstats to
measure these properties in our in-house bioinformatics tools and some
users are concerned because the results can differ from those returned
by ExPASy.

Thanks in advance,

Jake Rothenbuhler

Bioinformatics Programmer/Analyst

XOMA (US) LLC

(510) 204-7452

--
The information contained in this email message may
contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended solely