[EMBOSS] Plasmid drawing

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 11:33:05 UTC 2011

Dear Wolfgang,

> are there any news to plasmid drawing (features and restriction sites) and
> improvement of cirdna, according to this message from 2005?
> http://www.mail-archive.com/emboss@emboss.open-bio.org/msg00040.html
>
> In our labs this is also a big point for users not to switch completely to
> emboss.

Very close to release date next week, so hard to do anything immediately.

However, we did try adding a report format (an output choice for
restrict and other applications) to create an input file for cirdna or
lindna.

Results at the time were poor, but I note we have revised both cirdna
and lindna since.

I will test whether results have improved. One possibility would be to
re-enable this format so you can test and give us feedback on the new
release.