[EMBOSS] dreg: does it search both strands?

Daniel Barker db60 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Feb 12 12:07:03 UTC 2011

Dear Peter,

A lot of the time for nucleotide stuff it makes sense to search both
strands. Of course, it isn't hard to search one strand, then the other.
But this introduces an extra step. I wonder if there could be some
convenient option to do this, and if it should perhaps be the default?
(As with NCBI blastall with any kind of nucleotide search.)

This would affect programs beyond just dreg and, though it would be OK
for our work, perhaps it wouldn't make sense for others. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Barker