[EMBOSS] ORF selection with EMBOSS

Hervé Ménager hmenager at pasteur.fr
Tue Dec 6 14:20:11 UTC 2011

Hi Andres,
 From my point of view, it would do the job if I didn't have a _list_ of
genes as an input: I hence need to input a list of genes and get as an
output a list of the longest ORF computed for each gene. If I do this
directly with getorf and sizeseq, my understanding is that sizeseq won't
allow me to select the longest ORF for each input sequence. I can make
the loop myself, but I won't unless it is not ẗhere somewhere in EMBOSS ;).
Cheers,
Hervé