[EMBOSS] Question about proxy configuration

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 15:50:42 UTC 2010

Hello Jean-Marc,

It is not possible to configure a proxy user/password  in the current
stable release of EMBOSS. It will, however, be possible to use
'Basic' (not 'Digest' nor 'NTLM') proxy authentication in the next
release. It is also currently possible to do so using the developers' CVS
version of EMBOSS.

Authentication is specified by extending the current syntax of the
EMBOSS_PROXY environment variable (or by using "set PROXY" in
emboss.defaults or .embossrc)

The current syntax is:

  set PROXY "host:port"

The new syntax is:

  set PROXY "host:port Basic username:password"

with the 'Basic username:password' part being optional.

Alan