[EMBOSS] Convert scf to fasta

Chevreux, Bastien Bastien.Chevreux at dsm.com
Mon May 3 14:24:29 UTC 2010

> Thanks very much for the replies. I've applied to get phred and will
> give that a try - sounds promising. I'll let you know how I get on.

(as long as EMBOSS doesn't have a converter ...)

I'm late in the reply, but if you have .ab1 files, I'd definitively take a look at TraceTuner (on SourceForge) for doing the base calling.

If that doesn't suit your need: in MIRA (also on SourceForge), take a look at "scftool" if you just want to extract the called bases of an SCF. It's simple, but it should do.

Regards,
  Bastien

--
DSM Nutritional Products AG
R&D Human Nutrition & Health

DISCLAIMER :
This e-mail is for the intended recipient only
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.