[EMBOSS] A question about 'showdb'

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 22:28:23 UTC 2010

Dear Byungkuk,

On 07/03/2010 15:05, Byungkuk Min wrote:
> When I typed 'showdb', no list of databases appeared like the example in the
> tutorial.
> How can I set up the databases?

The databases are defined in a file emboss.defaults in the share/EMBOSS/
directory where EMBOSS is installed.

In that directory you will find a file emboss.default.template with
example database definitions.

Some databases are remote (e.g. method: "srs") and can be defined and used.

Others need local data files and a local index created by EMBOSS
(method: emboss and method: emblcd) creatted by the dbx* and dbi*
programs in EMBOSS.

Let us know if you need any more help. We are working on more detailed
instructions which will appear on the EMNBOSS website.