[EMBOSS] Tranalign relaxation?

Justin Havird jchavird at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:55:34 UTC 2010

Thanks,

Yes the problem is that some taxa don't follow the standard genetic codes
available for some codons, usually start codons. I may try to pass the
sequences to tranalign without the first codon and see if that will clear up
a majority of the troublemakers. I thin the issue with "unambigouous
ambiguous codons" is what is happening in cases where there is an ambiguous
nucleotide position, even though the amino acid should be able to be
determined.

Thanks again and let me know if anything else comes to mind,

Justin