[EMBOSS] emboss update on ubuntu fails

Jörg Mühlisch jmuehlis at uni-muenster.de
Thu Aug 12 08:00:01 UTC 2010

Hi All,

while updating emboss using synaptic I ran into a problem. I use

http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/bio-linux unstable bio-linux as package source.

On ubuntu 8.04 emboss-data and emboss-doc were upgraded to 6.3.1-3, but
emboss-lib was not updated from 6.0.1-11 and emboss was deinstalled, but
not replaced by 6.3.1-3. The column newest Version remains at 6.0.1-3
for both.
If I try to install the dependencies are not fullfilled:
emboss:
installiert.
installed.)

On another 8.04 system the situation is the same, although emboss was
not deinstalled. If I update the packages I can not update emboss-data
(already installed), because the authenticity of the package can not be
confirmed.

Hope this will help to solve the problem.

For my situation the only solution I found would be to force
installation of 6.0.1-3 for all packages to fulfill the dependencies or
to deinstall and reinstall all packages, but I m afraid this will not
work, because the packages were not found.

I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Jorg

--
Dr. Jörg Mühlisch

Klinik- und Poliklinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin
Pädiatrische Hämatologie und Onkologie

Albert-Schweitzer-Str. 33
48129 Münster

Tel.: +49-251/83-52491